This article “Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review” will provide you with the opportunity to read an in-depth evaluation of Bobbi Brown’s Masterclass, including information on how the lessons are presented, who the course is best suited for, and the cost, what I enjoyed about it, etc.
Are you curious about the components that make up the Bobbi Brown MasterClass and whether or not it is worth the price? If that’s the case, you’ll want to read our in-depth and objective assessment of the Bobbi Brown MasterClass.
I have finished the Bobbi Brown MasterClass and have used many of the methods that she taught me in my personal makeup routine.
In addition, I’ve spent a lot of time watching make-up videos on YouTube and have experimented with a wide variety of looks over the course of my life, which enables me to compare and contrast those looks with the other options that are available.
In this Review of the Bobbi Brown Masterclass, I will go over all of the material that you require, as well as offer my own personal experience, to assist you in determining whether or not this course is appropriate for you.
So let’s get started!
Who Is Bobbi Brown?
Bobbi Brown is a well-known makeup artist who started her career in New York City in the 1980s. She has been active in the profession for more than 40 years, during which time she has maintained her status as a household name.
If you’re here (at Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review), you almost certainly are familiar with the makeup artist Bobbi Brown. But for those who aren’t in the know:
After working in the industry for ten years, she started the company that bears her name, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. In 1995, she sold the business to Estée Lauder for a cool $75 million.
She remained with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics until 2016 when the company was selling over 23 million products annually.
During her tenure, the company experienced significant growth. That’s really close to one product being created every single second.
What happened next? She is the founder of the Pretty Powerful non-profit movement, and she also runs The George, a luxury boutique hotel.
Most recently, she introduced a new makeup line called Jones Road. In addition, she is the editor-in-chief of JustBOBBI.com, an online editorial platform that covers all aspects of beauty and wellness.
In the end, she is a wealth of information in the fashion and beauty sector, and on top of that, she is a kickass female entrepreneur!
What Is Masterclass?
MasterClass platform is deceptively straightforward: to make it possible for both you and me to gain knowledge from the very finest.
You are able to gain knowledge not just from Bobbi Brown, but also from Anna Wintour, Tan France, Shonda Rhimes (of the television shows Grey’s Anatomy and Bridgerton), Simone Biles, Gordon Ramsay, and a great number of other influential people through the platform.
They currently offer over 100 different classes, and they continue to expand their selection every single month. You will also have access to each and every one of these classes for an entire year if you purchase an All-Access Pass.
Course Overview – Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review
My lesson-by-lesson breakdown will follow soon of the Bobbi Brown MasterClass.
To summarise, this is what it’s all about:
- There are 19 lessons totaling 3 hours and 48 minutes of content, with each session lasting an average of 12 minutes.
- Tips, methods, and beauty recommendations are all included in this 44-page workbook.
Bobby’s Beauty Philosophy
I’m sure many women can identify with this narrative from a previous makeover by Bobbi. She tells the narrative of a pivotal time in her life as a youngster that launched her on a path to success, accompanied by gorgeous images and films that tell her story.
Then she goes on to explain what you may expect to learn in the class:
- What to look for when choosing a foundation
- Makeup tips for bronzing and blushing
- Makeup applied to the eyes and brows
- Creating a polished look for the office
- Getting the smokey eye just right
- How to look at a scene from sunrise to sunset
- How to avoid and correct common makeup blunders.
- If you master the fundamentals, you’ll be well on your way to achieving professional-level makeup application.
I was so pumped after the first lesson that I couldn’t wait to get started!
I was so engrossed in the next lectures that I completely neglected to take notes for this article.) Whoops!)
The Ever Changing Face of Makeup Masterclass 2022
Learn from Bobbi Brown how to develop refined beauty looks by studying makeup’s recent history. Whether you love them or despise them (BB despises 80s make-up), each trend will have an impact on the style of make-up you see in 2020 and beyond.
Here, you’ll find out how to:
- What makes a style from the 1960s or 1970s, and which prominent faces wore that make-up? The inspiring story of how Bobbi Brown Cosmetics got its start.
- In what ways does the “it” girl contribute to the development of time-defining cosmetics?
- What the future of cosmetics looks like and why it’s important
Color and Makeup
The third and final lesson in our three-part series delves further into the fundamentals of makeup, including color. Being known for her no-makeup appearance, Bobbi Brown may seem to have little to say about color.
Brown places a high value on color choice as a fundamental part of his approach. To me, “naked makeup” is makeup in which the hues are appropriate for the wearer’s complexion.
You’ll learn the following in this course:
- Find out how to detect your skin’s undertones and how they might influence the color.
- Listen to Bobbi Brown’s top color-selection advice.
- Find out what Brown thinks about nude makeup and why she believes it’s so effective.
- Find out why knowing your natural lip color is important.
- You should learn how texture influences color and how you can use different finishes, such as shine or gloss lipstick, to better match your face.
I was eager to put what I’d learned into practice as soon as possible after this class because I had a sneaking suspicion that color matching was my makeup downfall.
Inside Bobbi Brown’s Makeup Kit
Cosmetic artist Bobbi Brown, who is always on the go, has some fantastic advice on how to be prepared for any makeup situation, especially if you generally apply your own makeup at work.
Inside Bobbi Brown’s three beauty bags, including her daytime bag, evening bag, and travel essentials, you’ll see all you need to know.
Learn the following in this lesson:
- What Bobbi Brown recommends as her absolute must-haves for flawless makeup application when on the run
- Innovative ways to reduce the size of your makeup bag
- How to travel well organized and with a prioritized list of essentials
Foundation. Look beautiful and awake by using it correctly. Face paint can look like a mask when applied poorly. (Cue nostalgic memories of consuming jar after jar of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse as a teenager.)
Thank you so much for putting up a 30-minute tutorial on how to create the right foundation for both light-skinned and darker skin types.
A true masterclass, full of important insights gained from decades in the profession, rather than an instant-makeup instruction with loads of sparkle and glamour. Be prepared to chuck off your notions about foundations and hurry to the next cosmetics store to start over!
You’ll learn the following in this course:
- Regardless of your skin tone, here’s how to properly apply foundation.
- The four most important aspects of a perfect foundation.
- An eye cream’s benefits and its suitability for usage on the lips are discussed first.
- Even if you’re only doing your own makeup, it’s critical that you have a variety of foundations on hand.
- Applying foundation in varied lighting conditions, such as studio lights, necessitates a distinct approach to lighting.
- Bobbi Brown’s preferred foundation applicators.
- Insightful hints for when your foundation simply won’t stay put
- All-in-one solutions that come in handy when you’re short on time
- Which foundation formulae are most suited for a certain situation?
- Avoiding the appearance of ashy skin is especially important if you have a dark complexion or will be in a studio setting.
Using Tinted Moisturizer
Next, we’ll cover tinted moisturizer, the foundation’s less intimidating relative. This lesson is a must-see if, like Bobbie Brown, you’re not a huge lover of extensive coverage.
What you’ll learn is:
- Ways to conceal dark spots with sheer covering
- The inner corner of your eyes can be lightened by using a concealer in conjunction with an eye cream to get a better balance.
This class is demonstrated by Bobbi Brown on medium Asian skin, and it’s wonderful to see such a wide range of skin tones and ages represented!
First, Brown chooses a concealer that doesn’t match her model’s skin tone. For the sake of reiterating her mantra that the only way to tell whether something is a true match is to test it out on the skin, this was a wonderful inclusion in the lesson.
(Of course, she followed that up with a flawless concealer application, and the model looked absolutely stunning!)
Bronzer and Blush
Bobbi Brown’s go-to beauty items, bronzer, and blush are the focus of Lesson 7. When you’re not feeling your best, she thinks these are the greatest products to give your face a lift.
“The perfect color is everything,” according to Brown, and she proves it by using three different models, all of whom have varying skin tones.
This lecture is jam-packed with useful tidbits. Some of the fundamentals may be familiar to you (pinch your cheek to find your natural blush color). Some of these tips are only available to those who have worked in the industry for a long time.
Bobbi points out that digital retouching didn’t exist when she first started doing cosmetics. As a result of this, she has become an absolute perfectionist when it comes to the smallest details.
In this session, you’ll learn how to…
- When you’re not feeling your best, it’s important to know how to apply your bronzer and blush correctly.
- “Bronzer 101” by Bobbi Brown
- Choosing the right brushes for the work (and which ones should be thrown away right away)
- The best way to tell if a pressed bronzer or blush has a good formula is to look at the packaging.
- When should you use a matte bronzer instead of a shimmer bronzer or an oil-based shimmer?
- Make your subject the star of the show in your photographs (handy wedding makeup tip too)
- Highlighter application preferences of Brown
- A list of items to have in your makeup bag, broken down into sections for professional makeup artists and the average person.
- This is a no-no when it comes to applying bronzer and blush.
- It’s time to learn from Bobbi what to do and what not to do when it comes to the color blush.
Eyes and Brows
Everyone who has helped me with my makeup has stated, “Oh my God! I’m terrible at eyeliner!” I’m one of them. Quite a few times, in fact!
Because of my unequal vision, I’ve followed countless tutorials and nothing has improved. As a result, I was eagerly awaiting this class, and it did not disappoint.
In this lesson, Bobbi Brown discusses eye shadow, mascara, and brows, which are all important parts of eye makeup. She begins with eye shadow and demonstrates how to:
There are a certain amount of eye shadows that must be used to achieve the ideal look.
- The magic number of eye shadows required to perfectly enhance the eyes
- How to divide the eyelid into areas to create depth
- The best eye shadow brushes for creating a natural look
- What different formulas look and feel like
- Runway tips to make the eyes really pop
Once the eye shadow is on, we have the golden part of the class — eyeliner. Here, you will learn:
- Which formulas are easiest and most difficult to work with, and which are Bobbi Brown’s top favorites
- The number one tool that is essential for getting a clean crisp liner
- How to work your brush or pencil to get a natural, smooth line
- Top tips for getting the perfect brown liner color
- The art of double lining for maximum impact
Mascara is the next step. Bobbi Brown has strong opinions about what color mascara to wear (she calls brown mascara “wimpy”!) as well as helpful advice on how to make a statement with your lashes.
She teaches the following in this section of the class:
- What you should look for in a mascara (and the mascara wand) and why it makes a difference
- Top makeup artist tips for making sure that mascara doesn’t spoil the eye shadow if you (or your model) blink
- The nitty-gritty of how to apply: from removing the wand from the tube, number of applications, and order or application
- An innovative tip for curling eyelashes that will prevent you from accidentally pulling out half your eyelashes with an eyelash curler (you know what I mean!)
The brows are the last touch by Bobbi Brown for the eyes. This session will teach you how to get a more natural-looking brow, which has been a popular trend on YouTube and Instagram.
Here, you’ll find out how to:
- A brow’s ideal measurements
- What are the best items to utilize, and why is that?
- How to color match eyebrows like an expert with ease
- You need to know how to brush your brows in order to maintain a natural, delicate look.
- When you’ve overdone it with the brows, this is a terrific makeup artist trick.
- Finally, she urges you to take a step back and go over your work one more time. It’s also a good idea to accessorize with a bit of sparkle.
Creating a Statement Lip
To see what Bobbi Brown had to say on the matter, I was eagerly anticipating her response. She demonstrates on a stunning model with a deep plum shade. Although it’s only 8 minutes long, this lesson packs a lot of information into it, including:
- When it comes to creating a bold lip, Bobbi Brown has some advice.
- A common blunder to steer clear of.
- Learn how to sculpt your lips so they look their best on your model.
- Using lip liner for more than simply lip lining
The foundations of good skincare are laid out by Bobbi in this session. From moisturizers to makeup removers, she explains all you need to know about the goods you use every day.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Day and night skincare routines should be established.
- Face oils recommended by Bobbi Brown
- A must-have product for Brown’s anti-aging regimen
- Hybrid items include tinted moisturizers and eye creams
- When should you reevaluate your skincare regimen and make changes?
- If you wake up with eye makeup residue on the second day, here are the requirements for removing your make-up.
- Aside from a few basic techniques, no makeup masterclass would be complete without the information presented in this lesson.
You never know when you’ll need a refresher course!
Many of us apply makeup to our workplaces on a daily basis without giving it any thought. When it comes to business makeup, Bobbi Brown explains what you should be aiming for and how you may adapt your appearance accordingly.
She has it all:
- How to establish the makeup style of your company
- “How to avoid looking like you just stepped out of a nightclub.”
- The most important components in looking at ease and self-assured
- To get a matte finish that looks natural, there are a variety of materials that can be used.
Day To Night (Self-Application)
Lesson 12 is a self-application class, which is a departure from the norm. Bobbi’s workshops on models have always been inspiring, but I was excited to see her guide a real person from daytime makeup to a sultry midnight look.
I will be doing the following:
- Give advice on what to concentrate on at the end of the day and how to choose colors that go well with your skin tone
- Exhibit how to amp up the glitz and shine for a dazzling appearance.
- Describe the many liner colors that can be used to make the eyes pop.
- Bobbi Brown wraps up the lecture with the following statement:
It’s a complex set of skills.” They’re not easy to learn. Keep calm if anything doesn’t appear to be right. To remove your makeup, you need a makeup remover!”
Just what you need to perfect your unique midnight appearance! It’s energizing and uplifting.
The Perfect Smoky Eye
Makeup artist Bobbi Brown is here to teach you how to achieve a flawless smokey eye.
Do’s and don’ts of a smoky eye will be explained to you by her.
- Stay away from that “punched in the face” look!
- So you may achieve a stunning effect, layer different textures, and formulas.
- Stabilize the remainder of your look with a smoky eye in the foreground.
- To achieve a uniformly blended appearance, experiment with several colors.
- Color-popping recommendations that are easy to implement.
- The products that are absolutely needed for a successful smoky eye look, and which ones make the most difference
- Sparkle isn’t just for looks; it may also help cover up mistakes.
- The runway will be more exciting with a little extra glitz and glamour.
- Even if you think things are going awry, don’t panic!
1 Minute Makeup
A working mother and professional makeup artist, Bobbi Brown understand the need for a simple, one-minute beauty routine. She’s done it numerous times. This session lasts for 2 minutes, and 49 seconds. That is, in fact, what you read. So, so, short! And it was fantastic.
It’s not just me, but I’ve seen many short makeup tutorials that usually end up being far more detailed and time-consuming than they advertise to be.
Bobbi Brown creates and demonstrates a cosmetics look in just 1 minute and 18 seconds in this session, excluding the introduction and recap.
You’ll learn the following things in this class:
- What are Bobbi Brown’s go-to products for applying makeup on the go?
- How to apply quickly: a few pointers
- Despite your pressed for time, there are still ways to look and feel your best.
Her MasterClass has been peppered with references to the fact that things can go awry. But she isn’t worried because she has been practicing for years and knows how to solve it.
In this workshop, I learned how to avoid three makeup mistakes that I’ve made in the past.
You’ll learn how to do the following things in this course:
- Fix an overly thick brow.
- Apply the proper color and placement of a highlight.
- Avoid looking washed out with your lipstick.
For Aspiring Makeup Artists
In the end, Bobbi Brown has the experience to offer that no other makeup artist can match. She’s a legend and an icon, and she’s worked with some of the greatest minds in the business. I felt that Brown’s advice on how to have a successful career echoed those of other industry giants.
The advice she gives isn’t unusual, but I know it to be accurate.
You will hear about:
- From Vogue to Fashion Week, Bobbi Brown’s personal experiences
- How to get the most out of a film set
- Several reasons why you should never use your phone during a shoot
- Getting things done despite the pressure of a tight deadline
- The people surrounding you can be a source of inspiration
- Ways to get your work seen and meet new people
- Makeup and being a makeup artist have a lot of power.
Course Prices – Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review
For the most up-to-date pricing information, please click here to visit MasterClass.com. MasterClass’ annual all-access pass is $180, or about $15 per month in actual money.
You can sign up for any (or all) of the classes on the platform using the pass. There are almost a hundred options available right now. In order to get the most for your dollar, you should take as many classes as possible.
For instance, I’ve already completed nine MasterClass classes (Bobbi Brown, Tan France, Gordon Ramsay, Yotam Ottolenghi, and more). As a result, my per-class expenses come to $180/9 = $20. This is for world-class educators hence, in my opinion, the price is unbeatable.
As the year progresses, I plan to take even more, so it will only become better in terms of value! Whatsmore: A 30-day money-back guarantee means that you can give MasterClass a shot risk-free. You may get your money back in a jiffy thanks to their refund policy.
Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review: Is It Worth It?
The resounding answer for me is:
It’s difficult to criticize this lesson because of its focus on natural makeup. In this lecture, Bobbi Brown, an expert in her field, reveals her best advice for looking your best.
You can see that a lot of time and effort has gone into the class, which is well-structured and easy to follow. Taking this course, I learned a lot about my own makeup and how to get the greatest results from it for my face type.
It had a major impact on every aspect of my life. As a result of this experience, I now have greater self-assurance in my appearance and know-how for creating an outstanding mood. Don’t forget to include this in your plans:
Because of the 30-day money-back guarantee, you have virtually no risk of being out of pocket if you purchase but ultimately decide it is not for you.
An All-Access Pass also gives you access to the platform’s more than 100 classes. A better deal is obtained by taking on a larger quantity. Tan France, Anna Wintour, Brandon McMillan, Jon Kabat-Zinn, and Donna Farhi are just a few of the people that can teach you style, fashion, dog training, meditation, and yoga.
Thank you for reading this article “Bobbi Brown Masterclass Review.” If you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions regarding this article, please write them in the comment section below. And don’t be hesitant about passing on this piece of knowledge to others.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Bobbi Brown’s masterclass?
It costs $180 for a year’s worth of access to MasterClass, or $15 a month. In addition to Bobbi Brown’s MasterClass, you’ll have access to more than 100 more courses from luminaries including Tan France and Anna Wintour!
How long is Bobbi Brown’s MasterClass?
There are 19 videos in Bobbi Brown’s MasterClass, which lasts 3 hours and 48 minutes.
Is Bobbi Brown MasterClass free?
The Bobbi Brown MasterClass is not available for free. MasterClass, on the other hand, offers a variety of payment methods and refunds if you’re not satisfied.
Can I get a refund if I don’t like Bobbi Brown’s MasterClass?
You can get a refund from MasterClass if you buy directly from them. As a result, you may be subject to their return policy if you make purchases from other sources.
Is Bobbi Brown masterclass worth it?
Overall, I thought this course was excellent, and the mix of theoretical background and practical application was just right. The training is permeated by Bobbi Brown’s philosophy, which centers on showing off your best self. Anticipate a surge of self-assurance and power.
Where did Bobbi Brown learn makeup?
Bobbi went to New York City in 1980 after earning a degree in theatrical cosmetics and photography from Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. Second, in 1991, Bobbi debuted ten new lipsticks under the Bobbi Brown Essentials label at Bergdorf Goodman.